Re: Bookpart without page break?

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Bookpart without page break?
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 13:45:51 +0200

2010/4/17 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:

> [...]
>
> \header includes tagline and copyright, which does not go above a
> score.

Yes but in the case we use a "global" \header (i.e. outside any \score
block) for everything that is common, then only "piece" and "opus"
are changed in the \header inside the \score.
And both are printed above the score.

And to be in bad faith the large majority of \header variables are
printed above the score.  :p

> If you bring it up during GLISS, it will be considered.

Thanks!
I will add it to my register of grievances.  ;)

2010/4/17 Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden>:

> Unfortunately, it is not a two-minutes job. A few weeks ago, I also
> tried to fix this, since I found it annoying too. Basically, all that
> needs to be changed is parser.yy, but unfortunately, the changes are
> not trivial, and I couldn't prevent lilypond from crashing in every
> case...

Glad to see I'm not the only one to consider this a little annoying.
I was suspecting this wouldn't be that simple from a dev point of view.
But I still hope somebody will look into this and eventually find a
solution.

Thanks for your work Reinhold.

Xavier

--