Re: horizontal shift of note column not working

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: horizontal shift of note column not working
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 12:14:48 +0200

Tom Cloyd wrote:
Warmest greetings to all.

After months of joyful use of LP, I've finally stumped myself somehow. I'm trying to shift a note to the right, in an inner voice, and getting NO response. Have never had this problem before and cannot seem to figure it out. [...]

In the following complete code (running ver. 2.12.3 on Kubuntu Linux 9.10)-
http://pastie.org/900047

Voice Three, measure 16 (line 168)

\once \override NoteColumn #'force-hshift = #8.0 b4-0 [...]

Hi, Tom,

IIRC, this very override only affects notes inside chords. That'd also explain why it affects the next measure (which contains chords) if you leave out the \once.
Try  "<b-0>4" instead of "b4-0".

HTH,
Alexander