Re: Publishing a book with lilypond

From: Karl Hammar
Subject: Re: Publishing a book with lilypond
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 21:57:59 +0200 (CEST)

Rodolfo:
> So I am wondering: has anyone experience in publishing his works
> trough a professional publisher?

I'm my own publisher.

> Does anyone have tips on pagination,
> layout, margins, etc... for a "real" printed book?

I like a "little smaller than a4" format for choirbooks. I grabbed the
dimensions from a Bärenreiter choirbook.

============
\version "2.13.0"
\paper {
    paper-width = 190 \mm
    paper-height = 270 \mm
    left-margin = 15 \mm
    line-width = 153 \mm
    ragged-bottom = ##t
    indent = 10.0\mm
}

\header {
  tagline = ""
}

#(set-global-staff-size 12)
============

I print theese out on a3paper (4page faces/sheet) and staples theese
in the middle with an electric saddle stapler (something like [1]),
folds them and cuts them down from folded a3 to the above dimensions,
to make booklets.

I have some old examples at [2], especially [3,4]. But I'm moving to
use git instead [5].

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Swingline_manual_saddle_stapler.JPG
[2] http://turkos/noter/
[3] http://turkos/noter/dido_et_aeneas/
[4] http://turkos/noter/victoria/o_quam_gloriosum/motet/
[5] git-clone git://turkos.aspodata.se/musik.git

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

---------
Aspö Data