tablature mystery

From: David Stocker
Subject: tablature mystery
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 11:27:18 -0400

I'm sure I've messed up somewhere, but I can't see what I'm doing wrong here.

I'm editing some music for fingerstyle guitar and I'm putting it into a modern looking tablature. I'm writing all of the notes twice so I can fine-tune the notation and tablature independently.

I have 4 variables defined, which contain the notes: nfingers and nthumb for the notation, and tfingers and tthumb for the tablature. Circumstances will require me to further divide the tablature notes into voices, as needed to fine-tune how they're displayed.

nthumb and tthumb don't contain music because they enter later in the piece. I'm working off of a *.ly that was exported from TuxGuitar and I'd like to do this with as little additional fuss as possible.

In the first example, I'm trying to display the slur in the tab staff as originating from the "2" and ending at the "0."

In the second example, I've defined voices within the variable "nfingers" in an attempt to get the slur how I want it. However, LilyPond creates two further note staves, each containing one of the voices from the variables in tfingers, which is, itself part of a TabStaff.

Can anyone point out where I'm going wrong?

Thanks,

David
--
David Stocker