Re: Possible to adjust relative midi volume of a single voice?

From: Dmytro O. Redchuk
Subject: Re: Possible to adjust relative midi volume of a single voice?
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 09:20:43 +0200

У ср, 2010-03-24 у 23:23 +0100, Carl Youngblood пише:
> I am writing a six-part male choir arrangement and would like to
> generate midi for each part that plays the part louder than the rest.
> Although I can use a sequencing program to adjust the volume of a
> given track, it would be nice to be able to generate voices with a
> specific volume or relative volume in my lilypond source. Does anyone
> know how to do this? Here is my source code:
[...]

>   \midi {
>     \context {
>       \Staff
>       \remove "Staff_performer"
>     }
>     \context {
>       \Voice
>       \consists "Staff_performer"
>     }
I believe, now it should be possible to tune volumes with setting them
at Voice level, something like this:

tenoronenotes = \relative c {
  \set Voice.midiMinimumVolume = #0.2
  \set Voice.midiMaximumVolume = #0.7
  %
  % notes...
}

I am not sure though.)

ps. I can be wrong. Have you btw read "Controlling MIDI dynamics" in
Notation Reference?

--
  Dmytro O. Redchuk