Re: Shapenote Repeats and Breaks

From: Tim Slattery
Subject: Re: Shapenote Repeats and Breaks
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 11:03:44 -0400

"Robin Bannister" <address@hidden> wrote:

>Leland Kusmer wrote:
>> Is there a way to do this?
>
>Lilypond does this according to bar-glyph-alist,
>by calling calc-glyph-name from within the barline print routine.
>But when you override the BarLine stencil like this,
>you are bypassing the barline print routine.
>
>So try something (which calls calc-glyph-name) like
>

>#(define (with-shapenote-repeats grob)
>  (let ((g-n (ly:grob-property grob 'glyph-name)))
>    (cond
>      ((string=? g-n "|:") (dotFn grob))
>      ((string=? g-n ":|") (barDotFn grob))
>      (else (ly:bar-line::print grob)))))
>
>And maybe the corresponding override doesn't need the \once ?
>
>  \override Staff.BarLine #'stencil = #with-shapenote-repeats

I do shape note music from time to time also, and I'd love to use this
to get my output to look like the Sacred Harp book. It's LISP code
right? (I know, it's Scheme which is a LISP descendant of some sort.)

My knowledge of Lilypond does not include LISP/Scheme. How exactly
would I use this?

--
Tim Slattery
address@hidden