Lyrics and spacing inside a system

From: Dmytro O. Redchuk
Subject: Lyrics and spacing inside a system
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 15:46:58 +0200

Hi!

I still have some troubles with four voices at two stave (SA-TB), and
their lyrics (lilypond 2.13) --- you can remember, i've asked this
already: http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg16789.html

Yes, there is no this problem with 2.12.

Now a bit more (i hope) info, see below.

In a couple of words: if alto is paused when tenor is singing AND tenor
is paused when alto is singing --- their lyrics are aligned properly.

When tenor AND alto are both singing (but singing the same and lyrics
attached to alto) OR alto is in \oneVoice --- tenor's lyrics is dropped
down relatively to alto's. Yes, i can not explain better than snippet or
image can do, sorry .)

The very first case (see the snippet or image) can be happily adjusted
with spacing tuning, but i've failed to manage the last case, there is
still some quite visible vertical space between two lyrics contexts'
baselines.

In real world examples this leads to unwanted results (score can not be
fit in a good number of pages, systems are visually worse etc).

I guess i'll be able to provide more info and perform more tests, if
needed.

Please, help :-)

Again and again :-)

Thank you a lot.

% ------------8<-----------------------------------

\version "2.13.16"

alto = \relative g' {
  g4 ^"Single voice" g r2
  \break
  \voiceTwo
  g4 ^"voiceTwo" g r2
  \break
  g4 ^"voiceTwo" g r2
}

tenor = \relative f' {
  r2 f4 f
  r2 f4 f
  f4 f f f
}

altolyrics = \lyricmode {
  a a
  a a
  a a
}

tenlyrics = \lyricmode {
  p p
  p p
  _ _ p p
}

\score {
  \context ChoirStaff \with {
    \override StaffGrouper #'between-staff-spacing #'space = #12
  } <<
    \new Staff = "upperstaff" <<
      \new Voice = "alto" {
        \alto
      }
      \context Lyrics = "altolyrics" \lyricsto "alto" \altolyrics

    %
    \new Staff = "tenstaff" <<
      \new Voice = "tenor" {
        \tenor