Re: your MultiMeasureRest utility

From: rasAK
Subject: Re: your MultiMeasureRest utility
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 19:49:57 -0800 (PST)

Alexander,

Well, to Carl's comment, I am not actually putting a full-measure rest in a
partial measure.  The last full-measure rest (R2.) completely fills bar 151,
which is in 3/4 time.  While the error message doesn't tell us what exactly
causes the bar-check error, it SHOULD be caused by the following 1/4-note
partial measure that precedes m. 152 (in the new 4/4 time section), NOT the
dotted 1/2-note in the previous time signature.

In other words, if I were to truncate the input file after the dotted
1/2-note in m. 151, but before the partial measure, and truncate the
MultiMeasure template voice at the same spot, I would expect the part to
print properly with no error.

Which of course leads me to ask, "does Lilypond, once it sees the 1/4-note
pickup to the new section, go back and consider the dotted 1/2 note that
came before + this 1/4-note as 1 full measure in the new time signature?  If
so, then Carl's comment would explain the error.

Whatever the case, I agree with you that we now have a good sense for the
issue here and the error can be ignored.

Thanks for the reply!

Randy