Re: how to transpose midi one octave ?

From: James Bailey
Subject: Re: how to transpose midi one octave ?
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 12:48:19 +0100

\score { \new Staff { \transpose c' c { \guitarMusic} } \midi {} }
should do the trick.

On 02.03.2010, at 12:28, David Kastrup wrote:

Martin Tarenskeen <address@hidden> writes:

I'm sure my question is answered somewhere in the docs, but I can't
find it:

I have a guitar score and the MIDI output should sound one octave
lower than the written notes. I have found sections about transposing
instruments, but not about an instrument that plays in the written
key, but one octave down - like a guitar.

That _is_ a transposing instrument.  Just use the normal input
conventions for them (the transposing command can use octave
indicators).

How do I handle this in Lilypond ? ( And I don't want a treble clef
with an "8" below or an 8va basso sign in my score either)

The 8 below is _standard_ for guitars as far as I am concerned, but
using the instructions for transposing instruments should work fine.

--
David Kastrup