Re: seeking harp notation/markup snippets and macros

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: seeking harp notation/markup snippets and macros
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 11:38:54 -0800 (PST)

Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just wondering if anyone has done any markup macros for
> harp notation -- in particular, TextSpanners with
> graphical markup for things like "rapid glissandi", etc.
> Couldn't find anything in the LSR or elsewhere online, and
> I don't want to reinvent the wheel if I don't have to.

Kieren,

A while ago I started a module of sorts for adding
pictograms to LilyPond.  I've started with percussion
pictograms, but certainly the harp pictograms could use the
same code.  The only problem is that it's a big complicated
project (because I want it to be easy and flexible), and
I've not had a lot of time to work on it.

As it stands, I've not incorporated Spanners specifically, so
maybe there wouldn't be too much overlap with your work.
I've been reluctant to post anything because it's kind of a
big mess at the moment, with a lot of ideas going around.

But someone else mentioned something similar recently, so
I'd like to post something soon-ish... but I can't say
exactly when.

- Mark