Re: LilyPondTool and Mac OS settings help?

From: Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool)
Subject: Re: LilyPondTool and Mac OS settings help?
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 16:22:14 +0100

Stan Sanderson wrote:
Macintosh OS 10.5.8, LilyPond 2.13.12, LilyPondTool 2.12.894

I find LilyPondTool to be very helpful. However, my commands settings for the plug-in have never achieved the ability to use it fully. For example, "convert-ly" produces an error message indicating that python is not found.
LilyPond binary location should be set to /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin Yes, because due to a bug (that is to be fixed in next release), convert-ly is always run using python, and python should be located in lilypond binary location. So if you create a symlink to your python in /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin it will work.

In looking at the message from Athanasius Pelletier today, I also discovered that LilyPondTool did not recognize the path to gregorian.ly. It almost reached it, but left out "ly" in the path" /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/shared/lilypond/current/ly/gregorian.ly
which generated many errors.
That's a bug in 894. Will be fixed in next release.