Re: Mailing Subject Format Inquiry

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: Mailing Subject Format Inquiry
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 11:06:17 -0700

Steven White wrote:
Hello,

Just an inquiry, but is there any specific reason why the mailing list doesn't have a prepended subject like [lilypond-user]? I just joined the mailing list to read the solutions as I learn lilypond to help my wife out while she is learning to use the engraver. I was shocked to see the volume of emails that come across and the difficulty to visually tell the origin of an email based on the subject line compared to other mailing list.

It's early-ish ( had the grandkids for sleepover; not a lot of sleeping going on!), so I may be missing your point, but I just use the filter/rules capability of my email reader. At home, I use Thunderbird, so I've created a couple of filters which read the To/cc headers and move the messages to folders, oone for lilypond-user and another for lilypond-devel.

HTH

Colin