Re: vertical spacing

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: vertical spacing
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 01:12:29 +0100

On 5 February 2010 23:05, Ole Schmidt <address@hidden> wrote:

> this increases the distance, but between the wrong systems (see
> attached picture) how can I change the distance between the two
> \score blocks?

I suppose you mean the distance between the last system of first \score
and the title of second \score, right?

Then, as explained in Neil's documentation "Page formatting", the variable to
use is "before-title-spacing".

Use this for example:

  \paper {
    before-title-spacing = #'((space . 20))
  }

If you don't have a title between two \score blocks, then you would use
"between-scores-system-spacing" (and not between-system-spacing, be
careful of the name, which is similar but the first one is about
spacing between two systems **if they are in different scores**).

> Can someone please take a look at my code- I do not understand
> exactly how to use \book

If there is something wrong/unclear with the documentation
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/source/Documentation/notation/multiple-scores-in-a-book
please let us now.

I rewrote you file structure correctly (the \header of a score must be
*within* the \score block, after the music expression).
I also changed the indentation (which software do you use to input .ly
files, that produced this indentation?).

Regards,
Xavier

PS: "Kurzfassung" as opus seems a bit odd in the result...  ;)

%%%%%%%%

\version "2.13.7"

\header {
  tagline = ##f