Lilypond vs Score

From: Jonathan Wilkes
Subject: Lilypond vs Score
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 15:09:23 -0800 (PST)

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 8
> Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 15:57:49 -0600
> From: Bobber <address@hidden>
> Subject: Lilypond vs Score
> To: address@hidden
>
> I have been having a discussion with a small publisher who
> uses the
> music manuscript program called Score.  He says that
> neither Lilypond or
> Finale can produce engraving that is comparable to
> Score.  And that most
> of the major music publishers in the world use Score.
>
> Is anyone familiar with Score and what makes it superior?
>
> --
> Bob Wooldridge
> address@hidden
> blog: http://kc0dxf.net/blog/

     I'm also curious to hear from anyone who has had experience using
Score, and comparing to Lilypond output.  There are some wacky
examples of Score output at:
http://www.scoremus.com/

(especially that deer standing on the staff!  There needs to be an
Animal_engraver in lilypond!)

After seeing that output, I'm curious: has anybody played around in Lilypond
with making the staff curve around (like forming a circle, or
just bending down the page or something)?  I'd like to be able to do that.

Best,
Jonathan