Re: evince and textedit

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: Re: evince and textedit
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 13:53:58 +0100

Op dinsdag 26 januari 2010 schreef Federico:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to adapt the configuration explained here:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2007-06/msg00185.html
>
> I'd like to set Frescobaldi as editor, so I've changed the line in the
> script as follows (I've copied from the preferences of Okular, where
> this works):
> frescobaldi --smart --line %l --column %c
>
> but it launches Frescobaldi with an empty file.
>
> If I use this line instead:
> frescobaldi ${LINENUM}:${STARTPOS} ${FILENAME}
>
> it launches Frescobaldi, opens the right file (but it does not point
> to a specific note (just the beginning of the file)
> plus a strange second file which can't be read and looks empty.

As others already pointed out, you have to insert the variables on the correct
spot on the Frescobaldi command line:

frescobaldi --smart --line ${LINENUM} --column ${STARTPOS} ${FILENAME}

will work. The option --smart tells Frescobaldi to translate cursor positions
automatically when you edit the document without running LilyPond again.

(The Okular setting did not need the filename, because it's appended
automagically by Okular.)

> If I try this, Frescobaldi opens and crashes:
> frescobaldi --smart --line %l --column %c +${LINENUM}:${STARTPOS}
> ${FILENAME}

Thanks for telling this :-) It's not a real crash, but Python exiting with an
error message about "invalid integer literal" (happened when line or column
arguments are not numbers). I changed Frescobaldi to ignore invalid
line/column arguments and just start up normally.

best regards,
Wilbert Berendsen

--
Frescobaldi, LilyPond editor for KDE: http://www.frescobaldi.org/