Re: How to include a file just once?

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: How to include a file just once?
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 20:31:13 +0100

Am Donnerstag, 21. Januar 2010 19:34:22 schrieb Tim McNamara:
> Without seeing your code, it's hard to tell what the problem is.

The problem is if you have a whole lot of include files, which all depend on
each other (and thus have to include some other files).

> When using \include to have a set of definitions, it is only
> necessary to do this once per .ly file.

Yes, but your included file might already include another file

> \version "2.12.2"
>
> #(ly:set-option 'delete-intermediate-files #t)
[...]
> \include "../../pop-chords.ly"
> \include "../../paren-2.ly"

And now imagine that both of the included files include some other file
blahblah.ily, which adds or removes some engraver to/from a context. The
engraver will be added twice, which is a very good way to produce lilypond
crashes...

I've also thought about preventing double includes with my orchestrallily
package, but so far I haven't really found a nice solution (but I'm also not
running into crashes, so it's not urgent for me).

Cheers,
Reinhold
 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886