Re: Change fonts for lyrics

From: mike99
Subject: Re: Change fonts for lyrics
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 13:01:02 -0800 (PST)

Robert Clausecker wrote:

> I want to know how to change the font for text inside a \lyricmode tag.
> I were able to solve this by simply redefine all fonts, but that wasn't
> is not that I wanted to get.

Newbie though I may be, you'll find a
http://old.nabble.com/override-lyric-font-size-td27160408.html recent
discussion  about changing lyrics' properties.

While waiting for a more authoritative answer: If you want to change for a
specific stanza, you could change it there. Otherwise, in the middle of
everything, you need an \override inside the \lyricmode, specifying what
property you want changed. The example in the linked thread cites changing
font size, so here's a snippet using that for you.

%=======================
soprano =  \relative c' {
  e8 e g4 b d8 f |
}

words = \lyricmode {
  Ev -- 'ry good boy
  \override LyricText #'font-size = #-2
  does fine
}

\score {
  <<
    \new Staff {
      \new Voice = sop { \soprano }
    }
    \context Lyrics \lyricsto sop \words

}

For other properties, refer to the Learning Manual, 4. "Tweaking output" and
the Internals Reference (here, 3. Backend > 3.1 All layout objects > 3.1.58
LyricText).

Hope that helps