Re: "Ancient and modern from one source"

From: C.Flothow
Subject: Re: "Ancient and modern from one source"
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2010 21:58:48 +0100

Dmytro O. Redchuk schrieb:
У пт, 2010-01-08 у 18:57 +0100, C.Flothow пише:

Editing ancient music often implies that you have to halve note values
to make the score readable for modern musicians.
On the other hand it is much easier to correct your score if you can use
original values (and sometimes you want to use both versions anyway).

Recently i've written this email:

I used \looksFaster exactly for this need: i've typed and corrected a
score with breves and then asked lilypond to do it twice (and, possibly,
twice again) faster.

\looksFaster { \time 3/2 \sopranoOne }

or even

\looksFaster { \looksFaster { \time 3/4 \sopranoOne } }

Thank you very much!

This looks very promising as an answer to my first question. Once I had figured out the correct combination of the different functions it worked on the music level for the example. So I have to think of a reasonable way to deal with the embedded time signatures / signature fractions. Or is there already a corresponding function around which I have missed?
Cheers
Chris