Re: Strange page breaking issue in 2.13.10

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Strange page breaking issue in 2.13.10
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 14:39:06 -0500

Hi Reinhold,

>> example. Forced page breaks definitely wreak havoc, though the effect
>> seems to be minimized by changing the page-breaking mechansm (e.g.,
>> optimal- vs minimal-).
>
> ... which causes other problems...

+1

> Unfortunately, this is not an option for me, as I'm creating both individual
> instrumental parts as well as various kinds of scores from the same source

I was doing that too: I had to litter my score with \tag in order to get it
done under the wire.
[It was so much hassle, that I *almost* considered trying to revert my files to
2.12…]

> for the full score page break positions are not really important

For me they were, because the pianist wanted to play from the score.  =\

> for instrumental parts the position of the breaks is crucial

+1

I hope this gets resolved soon.

Cheers,
Kieren.