Re: blocking midi output of included files

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: blocking midi output of included files
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 13:19:12 +0100

Il 04/01/2010 12:31, James Bailey ha scritto:
That doesn't work. Think of it this way
fileOne.ly \score {...\layout{}\midi{}}
fileTwo.ly \score {...\layout{}\midi{}}
bookOne.ly \include "fileOne.ly" \include "fileTwo.ly"

The question is if it is possible to suppress the midi file generation
when bookOne.ly is compiled. I don't think so, but then, I have little
problem just ignoring or deleting the unnecessarily midi files.

You are right, but still it's a waste of computer resources if each time I compile book.ly new (unwanted) midi files are generated.

So to me it's a *CPU and speed issue* (not a problem of unwanted files in my directory).

It would be great if we could have a command which tells LilyPond:
"do not create midi files even though you see a \midi block somewhere".
This is non-sense in normal situations but it would be useful in the mentioned example. If this feature is missing (ot there's not any turnaround), do you think it's worth making a feature request?

Federico