Re: 2.13 default beaming rules need support for tuplets

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: 2.13 default beaming rules need support for tuplets
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 07:53:44 -0700

On 12/28/09 12:03 AM, "Nick Payne" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Also, all the commercial scores I've seen have one tuplet indication per
> beam (usually omitted after a couple of beams/bars), not a single tuplet
> indication spanning multiple beams/bars. Shouldn't the default tuplet
> indication be what is regarded as the standard?

Yes, it should.  You've identified a weakness with the current autobeaming
architecture, which uses beaming groupings to determine measure grouping.
An improved version is currently in preparation.

But as long as you aren't using the Measure_grouping_engraver, the simplest
way to get what you want is just use

\overrideBeamSettings #'Voice #'(3 . 4) #'end #'((* . (1 1 1)))

Thanks,

Carl