Re: wah-wah-effect

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: wah-wah-effect
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 17:57:30 +0000 (GMT)

Ah, you want a dashed hairpin.  Is this to notate a gradual opening/closing?  I
would not normally expect to see a dashed hairpin but rather simply a dashed
line between the '+' and 'o'.  This means gradual open/close.  It seems that
you want something like 'o > +' or '+ < o', correct?  I suppose you could mark
one note with '+' and another with 'o' and place your hairpin between.  Again,
however, as a trombonist I would find this notation non-standard and
potentially confusing.  I don't know enough about your notation requirements to
understand why you would want or need to notate it this way.

-David