Re: clarinet tab?

From: Gilles THIBAULT
Subject: Re: clarinet tab?
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 10:41:00 +0100

I found one big clue to the problem: findfont fails trying to find
some Japanese font or something.  A postscript file is produced
without errors, but ps2pdf fails with findfont.  I have to run:
ps2pdf -dNOSAFER file.ly
to produce the pdf.
Does anybody know anything more about this issue?  Does some piece of
software need an upgrade?

Well, i have never understood why the LSR cannot compile the snippet
( http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=615 ) .
I supposed that it was because the LSR runs in -JAIL or -SAFE mode. ( These
modes perhaps don't allow the use of postscript instructions ?).

There is perhaps a findfont issue in the code here :

#(define twelfthKey-str (string-append
   " -1.1 0.8 moveto /("
 (ly:font-config-get-font-file "Emmentaler")
   ") findfont 1 scalefont setfont (12) show"))
(It  only displays the number 12 in the lilypond font)
But i don't have the rights to modify the snippet (so i cannot make some
tests), and my knowledge is very low in this domain.

Gilles