Re: GUI

From: Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool)
Subject: Re: GUI
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 11:44:06 +0100

Yes, but the concern here is to bundle something along with LilyPond. I don't think that's a very good idea though.
We shouldn't bundle unmaintained (that's a fact) broken (fact) editors.

I think we should make LilyPondTool and Frescobaldi officially recommended and provide them as bundle download.

I would like to see options on the download page:
- Download LilyPond with LilyPondTool (needs Java installed)
- Download LilyPond with Frescobaldi (Linux only)
- Download LilyPond without an editor

Bert

James Worlton wrote:
jEdit with the LilyPondTool plugin practically does all of that already.

James Worlton