Re:midi problem on tied notes

From: Robin Bannister
Subject: Re:midi problem on tied notes
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 11:27:38 +0100

Hu Haipeng wrote:
This unterminated tie may sound odd, and will therefore give warning to the user

Maybe, but in my case it was masked by another voice. What brought it to my attention was the subsequent note not sounding. See my original report (before it got garbled in 676). http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2008-09/msg00021.html

I think the best sort of warning to the user would be in the log, supplying location info. (And that way the paper/midi outputs don't need to try any harder to cope.)

Cheers,
Robin