Re: Note name in markup or title

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Note name in markup or title
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 00:15:23 +0100

Le Sun, 29 Nov 2009 17:54:26 -0500,
Ralph Palmer <address@hidden> a écrit :

> Greetings -
>
> I'd like to include a note name (e.g., Eb, with the grob for "flat",
> rather than "b") in a markup or in a title. I've tried searching the
> documentation, the LSR, and the mailing list archives with no luck. I
> feel certain the solution is out there, but I seem to be using the
> wrong search criteria. Can anyone direct me to a location that will
> help me find a solution?
>
> I appreciate your help,

Hi,

Not sure I understand your request right.
You just want to be able to use the "flat symbol" within a text field,
i.e. access a symbol from the Feta font directly using text markup?

\header {
  title = \markup {
    Symphony No. 3 in E \musicglyph #"accidentals.flat" Major

Just use
  \musicglyph #"accidentals.flat"
within a \markup { }

A full list of symbols with their "musicglyph" names can be found here :
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/The-Feta-font#The-Feta-font

Sincerely,
Xavier

--