Re: text spanning

From: -Eluze
Subject: Re: text spanning
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 09:49:10 -0800 (PST)

Hugh Myers wrote:

> Perhaps I misunderstand your reply, but bar 14(where the problem is)
> has nothing to do with a rest. The text starts where (as you say) I
> wanted it to. That is not the problem. What is the problem is the
> continuation of the spanning text at bar 14--- here it starts outside
> in the margin instead of being aligned beneath a note. Is this
> behavior controllable?

sorry, i was reading (or answering to hastily)…

yes, there is a control which Neil Puttock showed me a year ago - you can
find it on the list:

http://old.nabble.com/textSpanner-bound-details-on-two-lines-td20340841.html#a20389794
http://old.nabble.com/textSpanner-bound-details-on-two-lines-td20340841.html#a20389794

hope this now is what you want!

\override TextSpanner #'(bound-details left-broken end-on-note) = ##t