Re: \set vs \override

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: \set vs \override
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 00:36:19 +0100

Joe Neeman <address@hidden> writes:

> It would certainly be possible, but I think it would be a bad idea. I
> think that having two separate commands is much clearer than having a
> command with two distinct behaviours depending on what its argument
> is.

If the things that happen are conceptually the same, it is easier to
have commands that are conceptually the same.  Even if they are just
named \setgrob and \setcontext or so.  But calling them \set and
\override does not give the impression that they are used for different
kinds of data, but for different kinds of action.

--
David Kastrup