Chords with tie: a bug?

From: Richard Sabey
Subject: Chords with tie: a bug?
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 14:06:33 +0000

Lilypond 2.13.6 has what looks like a bug: when two chords are to be tied, and there are notes that should be tied, and also notes that are on the same level but have different pitches and thus should not be tied, sometimes the latter are tied and the former are not.

This happens even if the ~ is attached specifically to the note that is to be at the left-hand end of the tie.

The buggy behaviour doesn't always happen, but sometimes does if
1) stems go up and
2) there are notes that are to be tied, which are above notes that are at the same level but are not to be tied.

I'm sorry if this has been raised before; I didn't find it when I looked in the forum's archives for "tie note chord".

%%% begin lilypond example %%%
\version "2.13.6"
music =
{
<d' f'> ~ <des' f'> % Lilypond wrongly ties the d' to the des', and wrongly doesn't tie the f' to the f'.
<d' f'~> <des' f'> % Lilypond wrongly ties the d' to the des', and wrongly doesn't tie the f' to the f'.
<d' f'> ~ <d' fis'> % Lilypond gets this right
<d'~ f'> <d' fis'> % Lilypond gets this right
<b d' f'> ~ <b des' f'> % Lilypond gets this right
<b d' f'~> <b des' f'> % Lilypond wrongly ties the d' to the des', and wrongly doesn't tie the f' to the f'.
<d' f' a'> ~ <des' f' aes'> % Lilypond wrongly ties the d' to the des', and wrongly doesn't tie the f' to the f'.
<d' f'~ a'> <des' f' aes'> % Lilypond wrongly ties the d' to the des', and wrongly doesn't tie the f' to the f'.
}

{
\music
\transpose d d' \music % test using chords with stems down; the ties here look OK
}
%%% end lilypond example %%%

New! Receive and respond to mail from other email accounts from within Hotmail Find out how.