RE: slurs and ties

From: Erik Appeldoorn
Subject: RE: slurs and ties
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 20:45:46 +0100

Right, or rather not so right (Me being wrong)

I've been trying to implement what you just told me. Trying to create the
second bar in the jpg I posted. I stumbled and fell. Bruised knees and
bruised ego. Here is the final version that did not have the ties I need.
Have been at it for an hour or so. Rather frustrating \rantON I WANT TO
CREATE NICE SCORES!!! \rantOff

tieVoice = {
   \voiceThree
   \shiftOff
   \override Voice.NoteColumn #'ignore-collision = ##t
   \set tieWaitForNote = ##t
   \hideNotes
}

   << { \voiceOne <a d>8[ fis a d fis e] }
     \new Voice { \voiceTwo fis,8[ fis] fis4 <fis a> }
     \new Voice { \tieVoice <fis a>4 _~ d'8 _~ <fis a>4 }
   >> \oneVoice

}

What part did I not understand?

Thanks, Erik