Re: Inline score inside markup - bugs in music alignment

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Inline score inside markup - bugs in music alignment
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 21:39:14 +0000

2009/10/29 Jiri Zurek (Prague) <address@hidden>:

> After doing some more research on the topic, I discovered that it is really
> a limitation of Lilypond that it ignores all the systems of the music except
> the first one when score is inside the markup block. However, an able scheme
> programmer should be able to implement it easily, as
> http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg44780.html Mats
> Bengtson pointed out a time ago . So, I am now looking for an able scheme
> coder to help me.

For some reason, it's not possible to redefine the \score markup
command in a .ly file using define-markup-command.

If you don't mind amending scm/define-markup-commands.scm, you can try
the following tweaks.

(define-builtin-markup-command (score layout props score)
   (ly:score?)
   music
   ()

Change () to ((baseline-skip))

Remove these lines:

         (paper-system-stencil
            (vector-ref (ly:paper-score-paper-systems output) 0))

Replace them with the following:

        (stack-stencils Y DOWN baseline-skip
                        (map paper-system-stencil
                             (vector->list
                              (ly:paper-score-paper-systems output))))

Despite the rudimentary formatting here (you can only set the distance
between the systems; paper variables set in \layout will be ignored),
I think this would be a useful improvement on the current behaviour,
so I'll prepare a patch with these changes.

Regards,
Neil