tracking patches

From: Graham Percival
Subject: tracking patches
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 10:50:36 +0000

Could we get a volunteer to keep track of patches?  The idea is that
whenever somebody sends a patch, if nobody does anything to it within,
say, 3 days, you add it to the google issue tracker.  If you already
read the mailists, I estimate it will take 1 hour each month.

That's not much time to volunteer, but it could make a *huge*
difference for new contributors.  It's really discouraging when you
submit something, nobody replies, and you're left wondering if your
email client ate the patch or if everybody hates you or something.

Absolutely no programming skills or understanding of the patch in
question is required; anybody capable of recognizing the English word
"patch" can do this job!

Cheers,
- Graham