Re: Codas / Trios

From: Anthony W. Youngman
Subject: Re: Codas / Trios
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 10:17:28 +0100

In message <address@hidden>, David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes
"Anthony W. Youngman" <address@hidden> writes:

I'm sure I've seen it somewhere, but I can't find it in the manuals,
snippets, or searching the lists :-(

I'm trying to do what is very typical for my sort of music (band
parts). Namely, end the line with a double bar (often with a segno or
coda sign). Then the next line starts with the word "CODA" or "TRIO"
before the music starts again. Has anybody got an example I can crib?
I've found one of my examples using stop/start staff and cadenza, but
it's a mess :-(

<URL:http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/input/lsr/lilypond-snippets/Repeats#Repeats>

Scroll down to "positioning segno and coda".  Personally, I find it
appalling that you have to plaster together markup like that without any
predefined makros.  In particular since this will not be reflected in
the MIDI output.

Thanks. I'd seen that, but didn't see how it applied (not least because part of the example is hidden to the left of the left margin!). I'll have to play with it.

I need the line break BEFORE the blank space, not after. I need the text LEVEL with the staff, not above. It would be nice if the double bar was clean, not with lines sticking out of it. And from my previous attempt, I ended up with the clef and key signature not moving, so my line had them hanging in empty space before the start of the staff :-(

Thanks anyway. I'll play with that and see where it gets me (not that far, I expect :-(

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman - address@hidden