Re: indent-ly

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: indent-ly
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 13:25:34 +0100

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 01:02:59PM +0200, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Oct 2009, Graham Percival wrote:
>> Nice!  If it works well, this would satisfy
>> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=777
>
> I also see there Wilbert Berendsen already wrote a similar, but more
> advanced, python script ( indent.py ). Might work better than mine. Give
> them both a try I would say to everyone.

Don't ask "everyone" to investigate this, because they won't.  The
rule in open source is that you're lucky if you get one volunteer
working on something.  :(

Since you're somewhat interested in the area, could you compare
the scripts?

>> The default for lilypond files is two-space indents.
>
> Is that official and written in the docs, or just common practice ?

It's official for the docs and snippets.  An official style
recommended for users may be part of the Great Lilypond Input
Syntax Standardization, but this project has not started yet.

Cheers,
- GRaham