Re: two problems: vertical brackets and simultaneous voices

From: Robin Bannister
Subject: Re: two problems: vertical brackets and simultaneous voices
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 15:01:49 +0200

And this is my attempt (see droeyende.ly). For the alignment I used 2 force-hshift overrides (in voices 3 and 4). You can certainly use arpeggioBracket here, but it is so inconvenient: - put the Span_arpeggio_engraver in the right place - turn on connectArpeggios - apply arpeggioBracket only once - give it a hidden note - don't forget \arpeggio too And then take care that the hidden note doesn't upset the whole applecart!

But this doesn't mean you have to resort to Postscript. You can instead tweak the position(s) of a non-spanning arpeggio bracket. The easyChBr function does this here. Cheers,
Robin