Re: Jazz combo example?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Jazz combo example?
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 10:59:54 +0100

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 11:09:34PM -0400, address@hidden wrote:
> On the topic of new examples, would a big band example help?  It would
> be a copyright violation to use the whole piece, however this illustrates
> several of the issues peculiar to jazz combo music, most notably
> transposition, chord notation and comping:

I fear that if it's a copyright violation to use the whole piece,
then it's probably a copyright violation to use a portion of it.
In any case, I think the page already has enough examples, and big
band is close enough to either the pop music or orchestral music
example.

Thanks for the offer, though!
- Graham