Re: Problems with Lilypond Tool/JEdit

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: Problems with Lilypond Tool/JEdit
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 05:42:48 +1100

Trevor Daniels wrote:

Nick Payne wrote Sunday, October 11, 2009 10:59 AM

Trevor Daniels wrote:
Ahh - I see what you mean.  The name of the -installer- changed.
This doesn't affect anything when doing a straight install under
Windows.  The default install directory is unaffected.  That's what
I misunderstood.  Thanks Valentin.
No, I installed 2.13.4 on both XP and Windows 7, and on both systems it installed into C:\Program Files\GNU_LilyPond.

I don't use LilyPondTool, and the installation definitely went
into Program Files/LilyPond.  That's why I was puzzled by
the report.  I've attached a screenshot of the install window,
which shows clearly the name of the install program and the
default directory name in my case.

However, it seems the default directory name is actually picked
up from the name set in the previous install if one is set there.
Maybe this explains the difference.
No, the previous installation was into C:\Program Files\LilyPond, and I followed the same procedure as previously of uninstalling previous version and then installing the new. I used the installer downloaded from http://download.linuxaudio.org/lilypond/binaries/mingw/lilypond-2.13.4-1.mingw.exe. Did you use that or perform your own build?

Nick