Re: Problems with Lilypond Tool/JEdit

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Problems with Lilypond Tool/JEdit
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 09:30:52 +0100

Valentin Villenave wrote Saturday, October 10, 2009 9:59 PM

On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 7:49 PM, Trevor Daniels <address@hidden> wrote:
I installed both Neil's and Graham's 2.13.4 releases under Windows Vista and AFAICR the default directory was LilyPond as usual. I certainly didn't change anything and they went into a directory named Program Files/LilyPond.
Have I missed something here?

Well, it's easy to miss when you don't use LilyTool (actually that's
what made me realize that the name had changed) :-)

I haven't tested it under Vista, but I did install each one of the
2.13.4-* releases quite a number of times in a XP virtual machine
(since I've been doing quite a few how-to video tutorials). Maybe you
should double-check, for instance by launching the installer even
whitout uninstalling LilyPond, you'll notice that the program is named
GNU_LilyPond instead of just LilyPond.

Ahh - I see what you mean.  The name of the -installer- changed.
This doesn't affect anything when doing a straight install under
Windows.  The default install directory is unaffected.  That's what
I misunderstood.  Thanks Valentin.

Valentin
Trevor