Fermata in brackets

From: fiëé visuëlle
Subject: Fermata in brackets
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 19:38:44 +0200

Hi there,

I found this code to get any grob in brackets:

#(define (addBrackets grob)
 "Place brackets round a text object."
 (let* (
        ; Get current text
     (currentText (ly:grob-property grob 'text))
     (bracketedText (markup "(" currentText ")")))
   ; Store the bracketed text back
   (ly:grob-set-property! grob 'text bracketedText)
 )
 ; and print it
 (ly:text-interface::print grob))

and it works fine with ChordNames, like this:

\once\override ChordNames.ChordName #'stencil = #addBrackets

Now I'd like to set a fermata in brackets, and since fermata is an TextScript element, I thought this would work (but it doesn't):

\relative c'' {
        \once\override TextScript #'stencil = #addBrackets
        c\fermata
}

What's my mistake?

Greetlings from Lake Constance