Re: Microtonal Helmholtz-Ellis notation in Lilypond: fine-tuning

From: Graham Breed
Subject: Re: Microtonal Helmholtz-Ellis notation in Lilypond: fine-tuning
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 17:01:03 +0800

Hans Aberg wrote:

Isn't the lookup dynamic, so one only gets a warning when it actually needs a glyph for an alteration? - But it is a good idea to define a glyph for each alteration.

Yes, but we've overridden the glyph lookup to use strings from external fonts. There's no need to define glyphs at all except to suppress this warning. It's there because some redundant code is still being executed. If we knew the right plumbing we wouldn't need them at all, and should be able to leave the X- and Y-extents implicit. But this is the current state of the art.

                         Graham