Re: another route from MIDI to lilypond

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: another route from MIDI to lilypond
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 00:20:36 -0400

    Villum> Both of you ought to take a look at Jöerg Anders' NtED,
    Villum> which to my experience has good import/export
    Villum> facilities. Both the application and the source code (C++)
    Villum> look very impressive to me.

A quick test on the same MIDI file as earlier shows that it spells Bb
wrong, and doesn't correct it if I edit the key signature.  I know
that's not the only thing wrong with MIDI import routines, but it
seems like a pretty simple thing to get right, and so far most of the
ones I've tried this week get it wrong.  Including midi2ly, which
allegedly does have an option for telling it how to spell Bb, but as
far as I know that feature has never worked.

--
Laura   (mailto:address@hidden)
(617) 661-8097  233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

When I die and there's a memorial service, I want you to go to the
piano and play _The Man I Love_ in my key. If I don't come out on that
stage, then you'll know I'm gone.

Kitty Carlisle Hart, (Quoted at her memorial service, where they did
in fact play _The Man I Love._)