special markings for string players....

From: Paul Malcolm
Subject: special markings for string players....
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 08:25:07 +1000

Can anyone answer the following. I am a string (Viola) player and need some special markings
in my sheet music. One is the usual semitone marker. This is like a circumflex between two notes.
For example e f  would be written roughly as  e^f  but with the circumflex over the two notes.
Is there a way to do this in Lilypond ?
Also for string playing there markers for bowing such as heel middle and point. Is there a
way to do this in Lilypond or do I just use the usual function to add text to the manuscript ?

Paul