Re: website draft 9

From: Patrick Schmidt
Subject: Re: website draft 9
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 23:32:12 +0200

> Very cool.  I like it.
>
> One comment about the lily-home-png:  I don't really like the gray
> top/bottom border you are using, since the other gradient images don't
> have this border.
Thanks for the hint. How did you spot the gray top/bottom border?With GIMP? I
can't really see any borders in the browser (Firefox)?! It's strange that these
borders don't show on the other gradient images as I developed all pngs from
one original. If I cut off the borders of this original now and make new
lily-home-pngs I would have to change all the pngs of the main menu bar because
otherwise the gradients would differ a little bit. So for now I'm going to
leave them as they are.

> > BTW: Has anybody out there a clue why the lily-home-png (the tab
> > with the lily on the left) appears to be a wee bit smaller than the
> > rest of the main menu bar even though all pngs have the same size?
>
> Yes, this is because there are hair-splitting calculations going on in
> the CSS.
>
> The tiny "border" that appears underneath the top navigation bar is
> the result of background colors showing through, since the
> line-height/padding of the text is slightly larger than the gradient
> images.  In other words, everything is currently estimated, and I
> don't know how to make it more exact.
>
> The lily-home-png image appears to be a different size because of this
> estimation.  The attached patch seems to provide better results, but I
> don't know if this is what you want.  I've only tested Firefox 3.5.2.
>
> Thanks,
> Patrick

Thanks for your help!
patrick