Re: website draft 9

From: Patrick Schmidt
Subject: Re: website draft 9
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 23:02:29 +0200

> On 2009-09-07, Graham Percival wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 07, 2009 at 12:54:13PM -0700, Patrick McCarty wrote:
> > > The tiny "border" that appears underneath the top navigation bar is
> > > the result of background colors showing through, since the
> > > line-height/padding of the text is slightly larger than the gradient
> > > images.
> >
> > What happens if we simply remove that background color?  I mean,
> > if we're displaying a png, we don't *want* any background color in
> > there anyway.
Why don't we want any background colors? Don't they ensure that the basic
layout remains if somebody deactivates the graphics in the browser.

> That's okay with me.  There are at least two (maybe three) background
> colors to remove though (starting with div#tocframe).
>
> The line-height/padding issue is different though; the patch I posted
> might fix it if the other Patrick agrees that it looks okay.
It sure does look okay. Thank you very much. BTW as I don't have much/any
experience with git I integrated your changes manually. I'm sure I could have
used a git command for this. Graham could you please commit and upload
Patrick's patch?

Cheers,
patrick