Re: chord durations

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: chord durations
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 10:39:52 -0600

On 9/3/09 9:21 AM, "Christian Henning" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi there, I'm at work and don't really have much time.I just wanna
> state that I presented my problem with a reduced sheet. The problem
> was regarding the chord durations and not with the melody. I'm a
> software engineer and this is how I post questions to reduce the
> chance of confusion.
>
> I have posted my complete sheet in a different thread on this mailing
> list. My subject was "Lilypond - chord progression".
>
> Also, yes, this is my first project with lilypond. I think my goal is
> to create sheets similar to what you have in books like this one:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Unplugged-New-York-Guitar-School/dp/0793544130/ref=sr_1_
> 3?ie=UTF8=books=1251991185=8-3
> <http://www.amazon.com/Unplugged-New-York-Guitar-School/dp/0793544130/ref=sr_1
> _3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251991185&sr=8-3>
>
> You can look inside here to see what I'm talking about. QQ, do you
> think lilypond can produce that?

Yes, no question.  It may require some work to get it in that particular
form, because the music is not notated as a single piece, but as a
collection of various fragments that should be put together.  But LilyPond
clearly has the capapility of creating all that notation.

Personally, I don't like the look of that engraving, and I wouldn't do it
that way.  I'd just write the music out.  It would take more pages, but
would be easier for me to play.

At any rate, this is clearly within the capability of LilyPond, especially
now that Marc has added so much Tab capability.

Carl