Re: Accidentals: Unwanted naturals

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Accidentals: Unwanted naturals
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 13:15:41 -0400

Hi David,

Example of an application (Mac OS X only) that does follow the key
signature on mouse-click input: NoteAbility
<http://debussy.music.ubc.ca/NoteAbility/>

Interesting... Keith Hamel was a teacher of mine at UBC, and so I used NoteWriter back in the late 80s and early 90s.

The last time I tried a demo of NoteAbility (about four or five years ago), I found the flexibility to be superior — at least to Finale, Sibelius, and Igor Engraver, which were the three "big guns" at the time — but the GUI to be incomprehensibly and needlessly complex. Perhaps I'll give it another look, just for old time's sake.

Thanks,
Kieren.