Re: Accidentals: Unwanted naturals

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: Accidentals: Unwanted naturals
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 15:55:26 -0400

On Friday 28 August 2009, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> David,
>
> > It is also perfectly reasonable for a person who has been writing
> > music for decades for it to make no sense.  Why?
> > Because it makes no sense, and never did.
>
> ?
>
> > Why not a \followKeySignature command?
>
> ??
>
> I can't remember who in this thread first suggested that when you
> play an instrument you "follow the key signature", but

Nonsense. Lilyond is supposed to be a /notation/ program. The key
signature is and has been for many centuries an integral part of the
notation. If you follow your own logic you would have to conclude that
key signatures ought not to be used at all.  But
your argument is merely casuistry anyway. Regards, daveA

--
For beginners: very easy guitar music, solos, duets, exercises. Early
intermediate guitar solos. One best scale set for all guitarists.