Re: polyphony in tablature

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: polyphony in tablature
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 09:47:45 +0200

Trevor Daniels wrote:

Mats Bengtsson wrote Wednesday, August 19, 2009 5:15 PM

(see also http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2005-05/msg00016.html which exploits an still undocumented feature/bug).

Hhm.  This doesn't seem to work with Voice
contexts.  If you take the first example in
5.1.3 and comment out the line containing
\keepVoicesAlive, Voice A is kept alive (for
the reasons explained earlier) but Voice B
dies.  But I've not tried it with DrumVoice.
Right, I should have tested more thoroughly. I seem to recall that Han-Wen classified it as a bug rather than a feature, so I'm not surprised if it has been fixed.

   /Mats