Re: website menus: gradient vs. solid

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: website menus: gradient vs. solid
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 16:10:38 -0700

On 2009-08-12, Graham Percival wrote:
> I'm not certain if the question was clear, so let's do this again
> and put it to a vote.
>
> These two images have the same top-level menu item selected.
> Which is easier to see?
>   http://lilypond.org/~graham/solid.png
>   http://lilypond.org/~graham/gradients.png
>     (ok, the background to the lily icon doesn't match the other
>      shades; this can be fixed easily)
>
> Please DO NOT complain that brown gradients doesn't fit the color
> scheme; changing the colors (either of the gradients or the rest
> of the page) is easy.
>

> For the record, I vote in favor of SOME kind of gradients.  (not
> necessarily brown)
> Voting will end in 48 hours.

Oops, I missed the voting period.  :-)

I vote for gradients, but not *brown* gradients.  I think either green
or blue gradients would be nice.

Also, should we ditch the "gradient color scheme" for the second-layer
TOC?  I'm starting to think the second layer should look similar to
the top layer.

Thanks,
Patrick