Re: Minor releases?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Minor releases?
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 14:34:33 -0700

On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 11:48:53AM -0400, David Raleigh Arnold wrote:
> I don't see any straightforward way of seeing a changelog or
> anything which tells the differences between minor releases.

The git log messages.

> I think I can justify x.x.1 on one machine and x.x.2 on
> another, but I would like to know what the differences are
> to avoid open manholes.  Is there a CHANGELOG somewhere,
> and wouldn't it be a good idea to have that information on
> the Documentation or Download page in some form?  Regards, daveA

There's a NEWS/Changes document that shows any major changes.
Other than that, the only location are the git log messages.  No,
we're not going to add a third source of info about such things;
we already don't have enough people working on administration as
it is.
(nobody checks the regression tests for each release, for example
-- and that's trivially done with a web browser!)

Cheers,
- Graham